We believes that each person has a right to be treated as an individual and that all their physical, emotional needs are met in an appropriate way.
Through the Bouncing Back Programme our aim is to develop sound relationships between adults and young people and to create a happy, consistent and stable environment where feelings, thoughts and emotions can be explored and expressed safely. “A major determinant of good behaviour and positive ethos of the Bouncing Back programme is the quality of the relationships between the staff and children.”
(The Children’s Act, vol.4 1.85; p.16)
Empowering young people to achieve their full academic potential and to acquire the relevant skills and knowledge to move on positively into adult life is necessary and a right. We affirm that all individuals have rights and responsibilities and must be aware of the impact of their actions on the people with whom they live and on the wider community and encourages community participation in order that the young people grow up as responsible citizens.
WE ARE GUIDED BY THE FOLLOWING VALUES
• High expectation
• Recognizing the individual
• Realizing everyone’s potential
• Realizing educational possibilities
• Well Being
THE OBJECTIVES & OUTCOMES
- We will endeavour prepare the young people to be able to lives to the fullest, both during and after their time in our programme.
- We will help young people to achieve and progress across a variety of areas, including, education, social emotional and behavioural skills, life skills and personal development.
- Our aim is to promote the educational, social and recreation benefits of the centre to the inhabitants of Morecambe and the surrounding area.
- Our provision also provides and assists the interests of social welfare for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age infirmity or disability, financial hardship or social circumstances with the object of improving their conditions of life.
This is undertaken under the RECREATIONAL CHARITIES ACT 1958